Friday, August 31, 2012

re: new poems.

hello friends, fans, foe and lovers,

some new pomes for you, my love starved fiends......


The illusionist:
The illusion is that
Reading this poem
Won’t bring you closer
To me
And I won’t win you back
And you will not forgive

And the wolves howling at night
Are hungry for our blood
The stars falling
The earth shaking
The volcanoes erupting
Spewing hot molten lava
Will not heal our wounds

No
We will die alone
And you will never forgive
And the illusions I labour
Will only make the dark
That much heavier
And as the leaves
Fall from the trees
So too will every
Last secret I held from you.












Rockets against the sky:
A bullet in my left ribcage
A knife follows it
Followed by a fist
That punches through
All the way to my back
Blood, bone and gristle

As my kids demand
We go to the fair
The pool
The puppy store
And suddenly
I notice a jet stream
High above
And I point it out
To momentarily
Distract them
Telling them it’s a rocket
And that I was on one last week
And somehow
This amazes them
And I’m able to climb
Back up into the mountains
And become a god again to them
Even for just a few minutes. 



until next time lovers,


cb

No comments: