Friday, November 18, 2016

re: health awareness?

hello friends, fans, foe and lovers,

due to the recent bout of bronchitis i've endured, one thing i feel i must share, is that i've developed a hyper sensitivity to things like perfume, the smell of smoke, weed, vehicle exhaust, stale air and even the differences of air pressure in different environments such as the apartment i live in. for example, i went for a short walk for fresh air, came back into my building and the entryway smells like old carpet and stale air, but not as bad as when i open the hallway door to get to my apartment. the air there was still and dead, i felt my breathing labour and increase trying to compensate for the lack of fresh oxygen and struggled to open the door, keys fumbling about, sweat on my brow until i finally unlocked the door and got inside my apartment. which smelled like my dinner of baked potatoes, carrots, celery and sausages. haha. but i could feel the air pressure difference in each environment in my lungs and how hard they had to work. it was brutal and i've never really noticed anything like that before.

i think because before things were just "given" or yeah, that's what the place smells like or whatever, i can even notice the stench of a heavy smoker that much more, it's quite sickening to me now, you know when someone smokes so much it's practically and probably coming out of their pores? that sweet, yet sour stench of nicotine ingrained in their yellow fingers, hair and clothes. i was at a music store and there were 3 very sketchy people making life uncomfortable for the clerks because they separated in the store and suddenly they had to watch them like hawks. i could smell them six feet away. or when i was at the pharmacist waiting to get my antibiotics 2 women wandered around the aisle close to me and sweet, pungent smell of their perfume filled my lungs and made me cough until i got up and moved to another part of the store. i even had to change my shampoo and soap because it was too smelly to find something far more neutral. this is so weird because it's thing i might have noticed before but didn't give a damn yet now i can't stand it and have to leave. if this is some kind of super power, it sucks. haha.

anyway, just something i've noticed and had to get off my chest and mind. so, stay healthy friends, as you get older it is starting to feel like healing is taking longer, boo-urns!

cheers,


cb.



No comments: