Friday, January 23, 2009

digital art.

well, i just wanted to say, digital art is not easy. people have said, "Oh, that's not art," "why?" i asked, "Oh, because it's not a painting or whatever."
"I see." i said.
don't you hate it when you think of your perfect comeback long after the moment has passed?
Today, i didn't, here was my response.
"No art is ever easy.
I've been an 'artist' for nearly thirty years.
say it with me, 'three decades.'
there isn't anything else i like to do, but art, or music, or writing, or photography, or make movies or be.
i just think this art form hasn't received it's 'time' yet.
technology sometimes moves faster than accepted staid ideological beliefs and systems.
my friend craig hates art. he said we've all be fooled into believing a painting is art.
what about sculpture he said? or film? or? or?
ironically, i think he is curating some really great art right now.
and he challenged my own understanding of art and pushed me
to explore further the weird stuff i do called 'digital art.'

i've painted, sculpted, drawn, charcoaled, pasteled, photographed, learned musical instruments, made weird art movies and now, can finally create what i want in the digital realms.

like i said, nearly thirty years of experience flows through these veins, to my hands and out of my eyes onto a computer screen........creating worlds i want.

isn't that what art is?"

by that time, they had left and were half way down the block.

ah, i love small town life.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Let me guess - those who say it's not art aren't doing any!
Love the digital art and would be interested in prints. Contact me with info if possible.

chris bose said...

hi, millerci,

i'd love to set you up with some prints, but your blog is blocked or something.....
send me an email....

thanks and cheers,

chrisbose.