Thursday, May 20, 2010

re: 3 new pomes for the fire.......


Faces and Places:
Looking at photos
I feel a strange disconnect
To my body
And my actions
Love and betrayal
Loyalty and lust
Make strange
Lovers
People I have hurt
I have loved
Can be defined
Lined
Shaped
Into little images
On a screen
On a piece of paper
Sometimes little lines
On a paper
It doesn’t matter
I struggle to remain
In control
Of memories
And further behaviour
So I might scratch another day
From this shell
Of a man
Even if there is no
Redemption.




That night:
God
I remember that night
It haunts me
We hit it off
Sparks towards the fire
The firewater
The stories
The flirting
The smokes
And then more drinks
As we fought
Another dark
Winter night
Battled depression
The struggle
Of a small town
Trying to swallow
Us whole
The madness it brings
And I remember
Your laughter
And your eyes
As you stood over me
The blade between
Your hands
Just before you
Brought it down
Smashing it into
My chest
Past the flesh
And the blood
And bone
Into my heart
One
More
Time.









Flashes between the fire:
I am
A haunted man
Staring at the darkness
Between the flashes
Of the fire
Faces
And places
Forests
And fields
Highways
And cities
Rattle through my head
Like a train
At dawn
After a night of white lines
And fine whiskey
Sometimes
I feel remorse
Other times pain
Sometimes even nothing
As I sit up
And walk
Towards the fire
Knowing I have sacrificed
It all
For an education
In the world
And I write this
As a warning
A scream
On the edge of a mountain
Do not follow
In my footsteps
Choose another profession
See another light
As I struggle
Through the darkness
Untangling myself
From umbilical tombs
And barren cities
Scraped of all that is left
Like a hide
Stretched out
Waiting to dry.

3 comments:

Starleigh Grass said...

http://twinkleshappyplace.blogspot.com/2010/05/poem-for-poet.html

Starleigh Grass said...

I will not leave
my name and number
I will leave
a raspberry
a simple
pfffft
that's how I feel.

If you ever want to
pull yourself out of
some personal heartache
if you ever want to talk about the public
if you ever want to talk politics
if you ever want to confront

HEGEMONY

DISCRIMINATION

RACISM

You know where to find me.

But as long as you remain
within the discourses of your
humble and breakable heart
you remain isolated.

I choose not to hear
pithy cries from an obsidian tower

When you're ready to
take out the establishment
don't check your voicemail
look for a missed call.

Look for me.

chris bose said...

meh,
i'm not ready to take out the establishment
the foundations are too deep
heartache is good
it lets you know you are alive
and still have a pulse
i don't want to talk politics
or the public
and i'm tired of confrontation

i'm happy hiding for the moment
in plain sight

finding comfort in isolation
is not necessarily a bad thing
nor permanent

ha ha.