Monday, January 31, 2011

re: salish sea.......


Salish Sea:
Down here
By the sea
Waiting for the sun
Slice across the horizon
Which is dull grey
Dark grey
And the cold bites
Into my hands
Into my mouth
Into my heart
As the waves lap
Along the shore
Thinking about last night
Another pub
In another town
Aimless faces
People with stories
People without stories
People just living
Paycheque to paycheque
Coasting along the current of life
Winding down their time
In a resort town by
The Salish Sea
And I can’t understand
Being that lost
Having no drive
No burning desire
To escape
To burn down
That hometown
And those people
And leave it all behind
Smoldering ruins
Running through the forest
At night
Beneath the stars
Driving down a highway
Looking up at the moon
Stereo blasting away
The cold wind on your face
The city behind in the
Rear view mirror
Getting smaller and smaller
Moving through the night
Towards the darkness
One more time
That’s the world for me
And I will do anything
I can
To continue moving
Towards the sun.


and on an unrelated note, this photo i took on my travels somewhere......


until next time kids,

cb

No comments: