Friday, June 24, 2011

re: galactic lies, fables, bullshit and transmutations



Greetings friends, fans, foe, lovers and the like,

I made this artwork tonight in my lonely little motel room in penticton, while listening to Mastodon's albums "Blood Mountain" and "Leviathan."

NDN country needs some fucking heavy metal, yeah, the 3 or 4 famous NDN boys can play the blues, but i want some sludgy fucking riffs and pounding fucking drums and screaming vocals. Something nice and heavy, while I listen to the people outside partying on the patio, muscle cars roared up the street, some really crappy hip hop played, I traveled elsewhere listening to some heavy FUCKING METAL.

Anyway, the whole idea about this latest series is about life and death, and the spirit world. or whatever.

The music made me want to get way better at guitar, and find some musicians that would be into it. In kamloops i've never really had luck jamming with other people, because they can't see past their reality that whatever we create will ever be anything more than just jamming. But when i go to other major cities, i find a groove instantly with other musicians and jam like mad!

Musically and creatively my time will come, at least, that's the hope/dream right? ha ha!

I've been playing guitar for over 20 years, and have had peaks and valleys in my technical abilities, and I don't plan on stopping, it'll just take time finding the right people to create heavy/weird music with I guess.

In the meantime lovers, I'll be thinking of you often,


CB

No comments: