Thursday, December 01, 2011

re: los amigos.

hello friends, fans, foe and lovers,

had an interesting night last night, went to a reading/music/art event last night here in Kamloops. It was part of the John Freemont Smith building downtown, which is 100 years old. Ashok Mathur was the host, Trefor Smith played guitar and sang, Cecily Nicholson read from a chapbook she wrote during a day residency for the celebration, and I read at the "Art We Are" open mic night.

Actually Paul Liddy and I both read from our upcoming chapbook "No Soul Cellphone" and "A Moon Made of Copper." It was great fun, I read three new poems and then went upstairs to the art event. These events are rare and deserve to be attended because if we don't go out and support live events, they will not happen.

Anyways, have some new art to post, and a lot on my mind these days, the bills, the rent, the usual. I'm really wondering what I'm doing in this town, so, i've got to figure that out. What I really want to do is just hit the road, play live, read live and get paid for it. haha. dream job right? Well, i've got to go, enjoy the new art and keep you posted. The new "Black Keys" album is coming out, "el camino," is coming out and i look forward to it.

take care lovers,


cb


I'm not sure if I like the frame in the image above partially obscured, but thought I'd try it anyway.

and here are some cool photos of the Black Keys. Dig!



No comments: