Sunday, January 01, 2012

re: vancity show

happy new years friends, fans, foe and lovers,

i spent the past week in Vancity, as i've had a show at the UNIT/PITT gallery in 15 East Pender, as well a book launch in conjunction with the show. my good friend Cease Wyss curated the show at the gallery, and was a super awesome host, taking me around the city, showing me cool art and giving me a annotated sense of the history of vancity. it's been awesome, got to spend more time on the rez in North Van, and check out the community garden she's got going on on her reserve.

so, it's been a great week for my headspace and the show was great fun, the launch went super, a lot of people made it, and i also read at Cafe De Soleil on commercial drive with my good friend Anthony Metvier, who added a performance art element to his reading by destroying his book at the end of it. haha, it was awesome.

well, a lot of people really helped out, and i'd like to thank Keith Higgens at the UNIT/PITT Gallery, Cease Wyss for curating it, my friends many who made it to the launch and were great sports and good to see, as well as everyone else who made it to the show!

i've included some photos for you to enjoy,


cheers,


cb.

vancity at night from stanley park

at UNYA


cool!?

my friend cease wyss

dragonfly

shell

vancity by day

bracken



culturally modified tree in stanley park!






i love this orca!

my friend Tania's info for her art at Stanley park

her work. 

my chapbook.

just saw this on commercial drive, thought it was cool.

somewhere in van.



beets i helped harvest.

No comments: