Friday, January 05, 2018

re: new poem !!!!

Dealing with a new life:
Being sober is a much
Needed change
In many ways it
Is like a getting a new car
I traded in my rez rocket
For new dreams
New goals
My life is like a new car
A new war pony
For the journey ahead

I am still walking
Around
Kicking the tires
Wondering what to get
Out of this life
Shaking this hopeless
Feeling off
Hasn't been easy
The loss of my kids
The loss of my relationship
Because
I didn't know how to be in one
All residential school
Hangovers
That I had to stop
From infecting
My kids

Rusted over
Creativity has broken
Loose
And is free now
I reclaim my languages
Secwepemc and Nlaka pamux
I pore over books
Of history
Learning about how our
World changed in 1810
When the first fur trading post

-->
Went up in Secwepemc territory

the greedy bastards
have never stopped wanting.









No comments: