Saturday, February 19, 2011

re: cannibalizing my art......

http://findingshelter.blogspot.com/2009/01/holiday-song.html

i don't mean to cannibalize my own art, but I've been thinking about this particular film i made over two years ago.

there are many, many moments over the past several years i can't recall, jam sessions, creating a piece of art, writing a poem, or whatever, simply because i've been on the road so long. think of it like living in dog years. but this one evening walk i took and the photos from that night have been haunting me for some time. perhaps it's the music, perhaps it's the lonely streets from that night. i don't quite know, but it's been bugging me a lot lately, so i thought i'd find it and repost a link to it so you too can experience it.

it was a transitional time in my life, i was going through a lot of relationship and emotional stuff, spending a lot of time on the road, but on design, not driven by anything else. there is a heavy price to pay for really going after what you want in life, and that price is usually paid by the ones around you first, and then finally, yourself.

travel well and guarded my friends, fans, foe and lovers,


all the bets,



cb
ps: yes, i meant "bets"

No comments: