Monday, June 14, 2010

re: three days and then emptiness....



i've had three days with my kids, and then i won't see them again for two weeks as i have to hit the road again to make some cash......after i dropped them off i went for a walk and took some photographs of the city where i live......it's funny, because no matter how hard i try to just take a straight up photo of something, i always have to "tweak" it and do something to it......so here's a couple examples of my photographic experiments in trying to take a scene of the city where i live......nice and tripped out......but i also think it captures the sort of fire/turmoil/emptiness i feel after i drop the kids off......it's like my house is silent all of a sudden, the dust settles and a strange quiet envelopes me like a cocoon and i struggle to pick myself up off the floor to get things moving......the wind gets kicked out of me i guess.....

hence the walk i took last night and to take a few photographs and think about my next moves and ideas creatively........i'll be in toronto next week, which should be fun, always have a good time there, and i'll be putting up my show at Alternator Gallery in Kelowna, BC over the next few days.......lots to do.......see you on the frontlines......

cb

No comments: