Sunday, November 01, 2009

re: article in the georgia straight.....

hey y'all,

recently, i took part in a really cool program with the Gulf Islands Film and Television School (G.I.F.T.S) where we worked with 12 First Nations 16-38 to mentor them and show them how to use the internet as a place to show and tell the world their stories, to connect with other FN, and generally bridge that digital chasm we seem to have in front of us........

the Georgia Straight just published an article about it, do check it out!

http://straight.com/article-268228/first-nations-youth-get-schooled-digital-media-new-program

it was a lot of fun, the kids were great, my co-mentor, Tracie Louttit, was really cool to work with and G.I.F.T.S. was above and beyond anything I could have expected, I am a total believer in the film school and the programs they run. plus, they really do care about what they do and are passionate about the causes they support........

basically, I have created my dream job, I work with FN youth in technology, empowerment and finding and expressing their voice through creativity. what could be better than that?

oh, and for politicians beat their chests and howl out loud for everyone to hear " Youth represent the Future!"
let's see you get in the trenches with me for awhile, and put your money where your mouth is........

now to pack and get ready to go home........


cheers,


chrisbose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said Chris!! It's always the people who are not 'in the trenches' saying that!!