Sunday, May 27, 2012

hello friends, fans, foe and lovers,

hope all is well in your world, i'm trying to kick my world's ass. things are going quite well, just not as fast as i'd like, you know, the fortune and freedom thing.....but i keep trying. 7 long years ago i was a construction worker, busting my ass and abusing my body pouring concrete footings and foundations.

all these years later, i'm an artist, which is what i wanted to be, because i was sick of seeing others claw their way ahead of me with shitty art. or what i perceived as bad art. haha. it's still around and so am i, pimping out my own art and stuff. now i'm setting my goals and sights on music, because originally i was a musician and had a lot of fun touring, recording, writing songs and such.

now to me, the music scene can kinda get a wee bit incestuous, perhaps that's too strong and graphic a way to describe it, but, you know what i mean, the same people getting the gigs over and over again.
i should be happy for them, and in a way i am happy for them, but the blood gets pretty thin at the top, and once that happens, mediocrity is never far behind.

i mean, i'll never stop doing art, or writing or making films, but i wouldn't mind recording some kick ass songs, making a kick ass album and doing some touring before i feel too old! haha. and don't hand me that "you're only as old as you feel" bullshit!

after many years of construction, my body is sore, and it makes me feel old. i'm exercising and mountain biking, which helps, i need a gym pass and then i'll rock it out. now that i'm a teeny bit older, i can honestly say i wish i knew then what i know now.

eat right, take your vitamins when you're younger, exercise your body and your mind, coz when you hit you're late 30's and early 40's, you'll see the difference. i'm sure of it. haha.

even now, if i am too lazy to go shopping and just let my food run out and eat whatever i can, i notice it affecting my mood and work/creativity. i can't sit still, i can't focus, and i never get anything done.

when i eat properly, bam, i mean BAM! i get it done and done proper. haha.

anyways, i gotta go get some exercise, adios,


cb

last summer. 
i am kinda bad at promoting my own gigs! 
d'oh!









places i wanna go.

No comments: