Thursday, December 28, 2017

re: new poems!

Dear friends, fans, foe and lovers,

here are some new poems, i will try to make 45 posts before new years eve and i am making a new plan creatively in my life. time for big changes and time to move forwards. lots to do! i thank you for your love and support, i wont let you down.

cheers and kukstemc,


Chris Bose.




Anger and Frustration:
I feel saddened
When I don't
Know how to parent
How to stop
Siblings from fighting
Over space on the couch
Two opposing sisters
8 and 10
fighting over a blanket
and couch space
and I send them to
their room
snapping at them
to not piss me off
the day before
Christmas
And they can have
Cold cereal
Because now I am
Pissed off
And frustrated
Because I never
Learned
Any parenting
Skills from a single
Mother
Who was traumatized
By St. Georges Residential
School in Lytton BC

I feel my lack
Of parenting skills
And coping mechanisms
At times
Like this
And know
And wonder
If the residential school system
Is still trickling down
And how to stop it

I think of what to say to my kids
And write this down
Merry Christmas.
Pause. Reset. Apologize. Discuss.









The couch:
As I lay on the couch
The house silent
As my two daughters also
Lay in silence in different rooms
I think back to 1978
Or 1979
When my mother
Got in a fight with her boyfriend
Terrance
What an asshole
A drunk
A wife beater
We were living in a trailer
Off hart highway
In prince George, just
Across the mall and skating rink (in 2000 it was still there)

He left to go get drunk
Somewhere
And my mom took a bunch
Of pills
Trying to kill herself
Then woke me up
And told me to go to friends
More than a kilometer away
In the cold
Christmas eve night

She passed out in my bed
And I ran around the trailer
Putting out the fires
And somehow didn't get burned

Then a car crashed out front
And some drunks banged on the door
For help
And saw what happened
And robbed us
While one tried to take advantage of
My mom
I pleaded with the woman
To get the two men out
And they finally left
But will all our gifts

Merry Christmas.

No comments: